Thursday, April 17, 2008

Compassion Sunday is coming...

Hey Orchard family,

Compassion Sunday is only a few weeks away. I hope you are all getting excited about it. I know I am. If you were at the Rain this past Sunday, you probably saw the Compassion table all decked out w/ information about Compassion. You also may have noticed those of us that were wearing our "Join Me" buttons. (Which reminds me...if you are currently sponsoring a Compassion child and you did not get a "Join Me" button, see me on Sunday.)

Last year when we were a church of about 30 people, we found sponsors for 4 children. Now we are a church of nearly 70, and my goal is to find sponsors for 10 children. I ask that you all prayerfully consider sponsoring a child through Compassion International. It is such a wonderful and transparent organization. If you already have one child, consider sponsoring another. You can make such a huge difference in the life of someone that the world has told doesn't matter. And last time I checked, Jesus thinks that someone does matter.

If you have any questions, please ask either Matt or me.

No comments: